7 Wedding Day Tips for the Introverted Bride
Not all brides enjoy having a major spotlight on them and would prefer a smaller, more intimate affair that makes them feel special but comfortable.
If the idea of speeches and being the center of attention makes you break out into a cold sweat, here are a few ideas that will help keep you happy as an introverted bride.
- Have some alone time on the day. Wedding days are busy and you will be surrounded by people for most of the day. If you’re an introvert, you probably enjoy your alone time, so plan to work some alone time into the morning of your wedding to keep you calm and centered.
- Keep it small. There is no rule that says you have to invite everyone who knows you as a couple to your wedding. If you just want your parents, siblings and a few close friends there on your day, go right ahead. You can even elope if you want to. Do what works for you.
- No bridal party is okay too. If you don’t love the idea of having bridesmaids and would prefer to keep things simple, nothing is stopping you. You can still have friends at your wedding without having to make them a big part of your wedding.
- Look for a quiet venue. If you love sitting in a library and getting lost in a book or strolling around a museum, search for a venue that makes you feel calm and comfortable like this.
- It doesn’t need to be a party. If the idea of loud music and a crowd of people is not quite your scene, turn your reception into a quieter affair. A reception can still be wonderful with just a good meal, good company, and relaxing music.
- Leave the communication to the extroverts. You’re going to be dealing with a lot of vendors during the planning process. If you need some help though, ask for it. If you have a friend or family member who is better at communicating with people, ask them to help you with these types of tasks.
- Forgo the speeches. Speeches can be very special but if you’re nervous about speaking or simply don’t want the spotlight on you at the reception, skip the speeches entirely.
Remember, this is your wedding day and you can do whatever works for you. Every bride and groom deserves to be joyful and calm on their big day!
Visit our website HERE to see more of our work!
Hair: Styled by Maylin
Makeup: GorJess, LLC
Dress: Allure Bridals
Venue: House of the Jackson Pearl
Be the first to comment