Top Tips for Choosing the Perfect Wedding Videographer
While the right photographer is capable of producing absolutely breathtaking photos of your wedding day that you can print for albums and your home, we can’t capture each and every emotion that you’ll want to remember.
It’s for this reason that so many couples are also choosing to hire a videographer for their weddings – allowing them to relive the day, again and again, a different way – with VIDEO!
If you’re considering a videographer for your own wedding, it’s important to research options just as thoroughly as you would for your wedding film!
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Videographer for Your Wedding
1. Seek out client reviews! As with anything, you can read reviews on both Google and Social Media! If they don’t have many and you love their work, don’t panic! Ask a few trusted wedding vendors their thoughts, or ask the videographer directly for a few client testimonials!
2. Review their portfolio. In the same way that you want to make sure that your photographer has the experience and style that you’re looking for, your videographer needs to meet those criteria too.
3. Setup a meeting. Take time to meet with each of the videographers in-person to ensure that they’re a good match.
4. Discuss your expectations. Not every videographer is going to be the right for you, which is why it’s important to discuss your goals and vision with them during your in-person meeting.
5. Ask about equipment and replacements. Every reputable videographer will use reliable equipment and have the right processes in place to ensure that your footage is safe. Ask your videographer about the equipment that will be used and whether there’s a contingency plan in place should something go wrong. It also helps to ask whether there is someone who can fill in should they not be able to make it on the day.
There is something magical about having video footage of your wedding day, we love wedding films so much that we have a videographer in our business! I know without a doubt that these five tips will help no matter what!
See more work from Trevor, our lead videographer right here!
Be the first to comment