As a wedding photographer, I have lots of times when I’m very busy with weddings, bridal portraits and engagement portraits on weekends and even some weekdays when my couples have a more flexible schedule. So when you’re posting that you’re so excited for the weekend, I possibly work the entire weekend, LOL. No worries though, I seriously adore my job and wouldn’t change it!!
But as Artist, I definitely need time to take time to recharge so that I’m 100% for my clients. How do I do this exactly? I’ll certainly share it! 😉
- Take the time to pray, read my Bible, etc. I understand this may not be an option for some who are not religious, but I’m sure you can relate in some way or another like taking time to read, have quiet time to journal, things like that! 🙂
- Exercise! I may not initially enjoy going to the gym, but I’ve NEVER regretted it. A good workout is good for everything! I also enjoy walking on the beach!
- Take a drive. Yes, I’m one of those odd folks who love to drive down old backroads on a sunny afternoon! Listening to music and singing along is a great way to recharge!
- A short nap! A nap fixes everything, right?
- Reading. I love a good book!! (Feel free to send me your current top 3 that you’ve found!)
- Visiting with friends and family. (Even if it’s just a quick Tuesday night dinner!)
- Shopping 😉 Yes, this is probably NOT the best thing to do, lol! But it’s not all the time! A “little” retail therapy isn’t bad, haha!
- Writing! Sometimes it’s a blog post like this one, or sometimes writing in my prayer journal.
I’m sure this feels like a more simple blog port for me, normally I’m talking about my amazing couples or sharing tips for planning, but sometimes I think it’s a great thing to get outside of our little box and share something NEW.
Have anything you do to recharge that you’d like to share? Feel free to drop them below if you’d like!
See “The New Orleans Princess” Blog right here! Another way I recharge is to do a model session now and then! 😉
Love this! I enjoy taking drives as well!! And reading too, my favorite book is “A Higher Call” by Adam Makkos. If you love true books from WW2, this is a must-read!
Such great tips! Personally, I enjoy watching a mindless tv show or movie. One I’ve seen before, that way I do not need to focus on the plot or be concerned on how it ends! We all need a way to unwind!
Yes to driving! So relaxing to go nowhere in particular!
3 Comments on 8 Ways I Recharge | Mississippi Wedding Photographer